Special Order/Back Order Items
Special Order Items usually take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive; sometimes longer, sometimes shorter.
1. Wrap first half of hook shank with thread. Tie in wing casematerial (use about a 6 inch piece) to the bend of the hook (end of shank).
2. Wrap thread forward 2/3 length of hook shank, tie in foam stripand wrap backward to bend of hook, even with wing case material.
3. Tie in butt material (about a 6” piece) and wrap thread forwardenough to allow two to four wraps of butt material forward (two on the smallesthook, and four or more on larger fireflies). Wrap butt material forward(3 wraps on a #14 hook), and
4. Tie in 3-4 strands of peacock herl in front of butt and wrap threadforward to within about 1/8” of hook eye. Wrap peacock herl forwardand tie down. Trim off excess herl. Wrap thread back and thenforward through herl for reinforcement.
5. Fold foam over and forward to
6. Tie in winging material at the point where the head and body join. Wings should extend back no further than the butt. Trim forward portioneven with front of head.
7. Separate winging material evenly on both sides of the body, foldwing case material forward and tie down. Trim wing case material evenwith front of head and save excess for more flies. Whip finish.
Note: You can substitute brighter colors of 1/8” Ribbon for the wing casesuch as 051F, 052F, 053F, 054F or 055F. These colors will make thefly easier to see in the water.
Search by Keyword
Small Purchases: If your purchase amt is $10.00 or less a processing fee will be applied.
Note: All prices in US Dollars